Hello and thank you for choosing the Leapfrog Creatr for your printing needs.
The solution applies to the: Leapfrog Creatr Single and Dual extruder and also the Creatr XL.
If your bed does not reach the temperature value you have set in the g-code there are a few steps you need to check:
1. First, please check if the bed thermistor is reading the ambient room temperature before you try to heat the bed up. Your 3D slicing software should display two temperature readings: the current temperature and the set temperature. The current temperature reading should never read "0"; it should at least be reading ambient room temperature.
- if the thermistor is reading the ambient room temperature then it means it is working properly(you can compare the reading of the bed thermistor to the reading from the left and right extruder thermistors);
- if the thermistor does not read the ambient room temperature then it means that either the thermistor is not connected to the correct motherboard connection spot, or it has malfunctioned. To check the motherboard, you can use the layout found in the following link:
2. If the thermistor is reading temperature properly, please check the following:
- use a voltmeter to measure the output from the PSU (power supply unit) and see if it is between 23V and 24V. If the voltage is okay, the next step would be to turn on the heated bed and the hot ends and measure the voltage output again. If the value drops underneath 20 V then there is a consumer which is drawing out to much voltage.
- If the voltmeter is reading 24 V, this means that your PSU is working properly, therefore the wires of the bed need to be checked for proper contact on the board. To do this open the interior cover-plate to gain access to the board and see if the wires are properly connected.
- You should also check the connectors underneath the bed support and make sure they are connected all the way through.
- If you follow all the mentioned steps and you still encounter temperature issues, then the way to fix this issue is to replace the heated bed.
The reason why the bed will not reach the desired temperature is because the resistor of the bed is unable to deliver enough power.
After following these steps, please open a support ticket and describe what you found doing these tests. If you have found something damaged, an incorrect voltage, or a thermistor not working, please make a short video of you performing the test (showing where you place the diodes for the voltmeter, showing the damage, or showing the thermistor reading in the 3D slicing software and the connection on the motherboard).
Any file(s) larger than 15MB will need to be uploaded to a file sharing website (there are several free site on the internet), and the download link be added in the ticket that you create.
Thank you for reading the solution. For any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact our Leapfrog Support Team.
We wish you happy printing!