!!Warning uploading the wrong firmware will damage the machine. Please pay close attention that you select the Bolt_firmware for the Bolt and The correct Boltpro firmware version for the Bolt Pro!!
There are two ways of manually uploading firmware to the machines. (Please note that there is a difference between firmware and software). Method 1 uses the machine interface to upload the firmware to the Leapfrog Motor Control Board (LMC). Method 2 will describe how to connect your PC directly to the LMC
Step 1: Selecting the correct firmware file
- Leapfrog Bolt
- Leapfrog Bolt PRO
- Setup Version 1: Boltpro_firmware_2-8-2.hex
- Setup Version 2: Boltpro_Firmware_3-0-0.hex
Step 2: Flashing firmware method 1: Using the machine interface
- upload the correct firmware to a flashdrive (USB-stick)
- Start up the 3D printer
- Insert the flashdrive
- On the touchscreen go to settings -> update
- Upload the firmware to the 3D printer to update the firmware.
- Only if step 2 failed or is simply not possible, proceed to step 3
Flashing firmware method 2: Directly connect the LMC to your PC
If method 1 does not work, you can upload the firmware directly to the LMC.
- Make sure the machine is turned on
- Unscrew the backplate of the 3D printer
- Connect LMC to your windows computer with a USB-B to USB-A cable
- Run the Xloader program on your windows machine.
Select the correct firmware file. The extention of this file is .Hex
Select device Mega(ATMEGA2560)
Select the highest COM port
Set boud rate to value: 115200
Click on Upload
Wait for the upload to be finished.